Before arriving at the airport, remember to check whether your flight departs from Terminal 1 or 2.
Check-in times and different ways of checking in as well as other terms of carriage vary between airlines. Check your airline’s details from the airline list.
Arrive at the airport ahead of time
- if your flight leaves between 6.00 am and 8.30 am
- if your flight leaves between 2.00 pm and 5.30 pm
- at the start of summer, Christmas and Easter holidays as well as during school winter breaks
- when carrying baggage to be checked into the hold, such as skis or golf clubs.
Time can be saved at the airport with advance check-in, either online or using a self-service check-in kiosk at the airport.
Reserve enough time for the security control. Check the up-to-date average waiting time on the Security control page.
Keep your ticket on hand
Travel ticket needs to be presented several times at the airport. Keep it easily available. You are asked to show your travel documents:
- before entering the area to queue for the security control
- when shopping at the gate area
- at the passport control
- at the departure gate prior to boarding the aircraft.
According to EU regulations, valid travel documents are flight tickets and boarding passes either in the for of printouts or text messages. Flight information stored on airline loyalty cards or credit cards are not valid for verifying the intention to travel.
Your airline will instruct you on the transport of pets. More general information is available on Finavia's website.